5 Tips To Help You Review For LET - LET EXAM - Questions & Answers

Welcome to LET Exam Questions and Answers!!!

5 Tips To Help You Review For LET


Below are the 5 tips shared by a LET passer and at the same time one of the 2008 topnotchers. Hope this may help you.

1. Self-motivation
My first consideration was my objective for taking the LET. I wanted to secure a license and be considered a professional teacher. Schools typically employ licensed teacher-applicants. I used to visualize myself holding that license, credentials that I believe would enhance my resume and help with my
professional teaching career. Whenever I aspire to achieve something, I picture myself in that area. An examinee should clearly establish the reasons for taking the test. Is it employment-related or a personal goal. There will be a number of challenges along the way, but knowing your goals and having the willpower will help you immensely. What’s your objective for taking the LET?

2. Know your learning style
I reviewed for the exam using notes, cue cards, and diagrams because I am a visual learner. Whenever I had the chance and time to read (e.g., while queuing in a supermarket or commuting), I made sure that I had my notes with me so I can refer to them anytime. Knowing your learning style is key. Using that understanding, you can devise a particular plan that will work best for you. Know your learning preferences, limitations, and capabilities. How do you learn?
3. Prepare a plan for your review
Knowing that I am not an effective crammer, I devised a plan in reviewing for the test. I had approximately nine (9) months to prepare but I had to consider my full-time teaching post. I was handling 7 sections in elementary and secondary levels while I was prepping for the LET. My priority was my students so I had to adjust my review plans accordingly. I decided to borrow reviewers and readings from the university libraries (review sessions and review materials were quite pricey). I made cue cards containing the concepts that I thought were of value. I allotted more time in preparing for Professional Education (one of the exam subjects) because that area was my waterloo. On the other hand, I was more confident with the General Education lessons (thanks to my professors!). Every night, I would study 5 concepts to help me concentrate and focus. My teaching load actually aided my review because the subject that I taught helped me revisit the concepts in my area of specialization. I also requested my friends from the History department to allow me to attend their classes to review. Preparing a review plan will help as you will be able to see your roadmap, the areas to focus more, and the timing for the review. This will make your review more effective and efficient. How would you prepare for the LET?

Other articles you might like:
4. Don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need it
Self-reflection helped me identify my areas of concern during the review. Whenever I had troubles in understanding the review materials and readings, I would revisit the references and ask help from others who may potentially know the answers or can guide me where to find the solutions. During the review, you may encounter instances where you will be confused with some topics, and panic may immediately kick in. However, know that there are people who can assist you while preparing, such as friends, former professors, classmates, reviewers, among others. Also, sometimes it is helpful to participate in group reviews. Instead of reviewing alone, studying with a group of friends or co-examinees may help as you will be able to exchange ideas, ask questions right away, and reinforce the concepts and learnings. Who are the people who could help you prepare?
5. Stay positive

While I was doing my study routine, there were times that I felt tired or discouraged. I had a lot of things to do and sometimes I questioned the value of sacrificing my time and effort for the review. In order to rebuild my confidence and the drive to strive, I would always go back to my motivation and visualize my target. I would instantly feel better whenever I think about my ultimate goals down the line. Holding on to positive thoughts and visualizing the success would help you become motivated. Treat the review as an enjoyable challenge, instead of a boring and time-consuming ordeal. And don’t forget to treat yourself. At times you will feel down, which is absolutely normal. Believing in yourself that you can do it is key. Your LET review may seem tedious sometimes, but continue to push through. As a friend advised, “You will get what you deserve.” How can you stay happy and positive while reviewing? Share your own tips with us below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts